- Where do I get tick data for the simulator? Is all the tick data free if I buy the simulator? How often is the data updated? Will the updates be free also?
- Can I export the tick data? I trade a particular instrument/stock that I don’t see in your list of available tick data files. What do I do?
- In what time zone the tick data is captured? The data supplied, is it 24 hour data? How to use a downloaded data file ( for e.g ES-111111.2007.zip) with RapidSP simulator?
- What is the difference between ‘activated’ and ‘not activated’ version of the RapidSP Simulator? If I purchase the software, will I receive all the new updates, in the future at no additional price? Can I install the software on other PCs that I own?
- I am not able to get the software started, it is asking for registration code. What is registration code?
- Where can I get list of technical indicators offered in RapidSP? How shall I apply a technical indicator? Can I create my own indicators in RapidSP? Can I use three different Bollinger band on the same chart and have the ability to change the deviations?
- How do I know RapidSP software is safe to install on my computer?
- How can I arrange windows to default setting? Sometimes a chart would somehow get under the tab at the top and how can I get it back?
- OHLC bars are very small. How can I make these bigger by viewing a smaller time window, which in turn will make the bars bigger?
- Can I swing trade (hold positions overnight) with RapidSP? Does the simulator support multiple time frames?
- My question is not answered here, what can I do?
- More FAQs
All the available tick data for the simulator is posted here. The data is available for download for free with the simulator purchase. The data is updated frequently. You can download the updated data files for free as they become available.
The tick data can be exported through purchased version of the simulator in a tick or one minute CSV format. Currently we have added most of the popular stocks, futures, currencies and ETFs that you will need. If you don’t see something that you’d like to trade please send us a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll make every effort to add it within 2-3 days.
RapidSP data is captured in the U.S. Eastern time zone. The data supplied is 24 hour data for instruments that are traded around the clock. Please see this video on how to unzip data file and import in the RapidSP simulator.
What is the difference between ‘activated’ and ‘not activated’ version of the RapidSP Simulator? If I purchase the software, will I receive all the new updates, in the future at no additional price? Can I install the software on other PCs that I own?
The software in ‘not activated’ mode will be available for 15 days of un-restricted (all features/all tick data files) use. After 15 days it will enter a demo mode and will only be able to use example tick data files with few days of data. The demo version has all the features of the purchased version and never expires. Once purchased (activated) the software will work with any of the available data files and will never expire. Lifetime software and data updates are included in the purchase price. Once purchased, you can install/activate the SW on other computers that you own (up to 2).
Registration code for the trial is ‘R11’ (Usually it is obtained by registering the SW)
Where can I get list of technical indicators offered in RapidSP? How shall I apply a technical indicator? Can I create my own indicators in RapidSP? Can I use three different Bollinger band on the same chart and have the ability to change the deviations?
Please visit here to see the list of technical indicators offered in RapidSP. To apply an indicator, click on top border of chart window you’d like to apply the study to. Then from the top menu select the indicator and click ‘OK’. RapidSP come with its own 100+ indicators and price styles. Adding user studies is not supported.
RapidSP software is digitally signed and is certified by Microsoft/Comodo as a verified publisher. RapidSP is also certified as spyware-free, adware-free and virus-free by download.com/CNET.com, Softpedia.com, Tucows.com and most other premium download sites as well all the major anti-virus software providers.
Get a trading day going & click on any non-chart window (such as control panel). Then on top menu click on window => tile
Click on the “Upward arrow button” to expand the bars vertically & “downward arrow button” to compress the bars in any chart window.
You can set the simulator to day trade or swing trade by setting the appropriate ‘trading style’ in the trading setup screen that is shown when you start the simulator. You can select any time frame from 1-minute bars to all the way up to 4 hr bars. You make this selection also in the initial setup screen.
E-mail at email@example.com if you don’t see your question answered here. You will get a swift response.